We are a technology driven, last-mile delivery startup currently seeking a talented, passionate, motivated, visionary individual who will join our IT team!
As a FULLSTACK developer, your mission extends far beyond simply coding. You ARE an elite member of our technology team.
You will work closely with Xpedigo’s management team on key internal projects.
You must have a great sense of responsibility, be autonomous and able to quickly adapt and adjust to changing priorities. All this while keeping an eye on critical deadlines.
You’re passionate about programming? Great! You’ll be accomplishing very varied technology related tasks such as :
- Creating programs, algorithms and functions from scratch.
- Finding solutions to complex issues through structured and creative innovations.
- Big data analysis.
- Build reliable and robust solutions using artificial intelligence. (deep learning)
- Quality assurance and ”BUG” fixes as well as bringing enhancements to existing functions
- Maintaining and updating IT infrastructure in line with various projects (Linux maintenance, Windows, Frameworks and Software). Also deploying new infrastructures (servers and networks)
- Brainstorming and creating user interfaces and ergonomic enhancements (UI / UX).
- Producing monthly reports and KPI’S
Prerequisites for this very important role are :
Programing and development :
- Advanced knowledge of PHP – Expert Level
- Advanced knowledge of HTML/CSS
- General knowledge in Java is a big plus!
- General knowledge in Objective-C / Swift is a big plus!
- Knowledge is mobile application (Android/IOS) is appreciated.
- In depth knowledge of UNIX/Linux systems is a must!
- General knowledge of the following virtualization technologies (VMWare, HYPERV)
- General knowledge of Windows servers is a plus.
- General knowledge of network infrastructure and IT admin is appreciated.
Schooling required :
- Bachelor’s or equivalent in the computer science field.
- Masters degree in computer science or an equivalent field is certainly a big plus!
Work experience :
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role – 5 years is even better!
- Ability to make decisions quickly, ability to make priority adjustments and corrections without affecting the quality of your work.
- Excited by the ”startup mentality” and everything a startup environment entails (Positives : Autonomy, Creativity, Freedom regarding the creative process, opportunity to influence the direction in which a company grows) but you must also welcome the challenges (Fast work pace, under pressure, inconsistent work schedules)
- Loves teamwork.
- Excellent sense of task organisation and prioritization (good handle on using time management tools)
- Very autonomous (problem solver, great at research)
- Strong communicator – Written and verbal.
- English and/or French
Work conditions :
- Most of the time you’ll be working from a remote location – However, you may be called to meet at our offices, in Montreal.
- Flexible work schedule (Weekdays, weekends, day/night)
- Starting at 80,000 CAD yearly. Yearly amount can vary based on relevant educational background or pertinent work experience.
- Possibility of Stock Options.
You think you have what we need? You want to significantly change an industry? Apply!
Starting date : ASAP.